Monday 9 February 2026 - 21:53
Banner in Tehran’s Palestine Square alarms Tel Aviv

Israeli media said on Sunday that while US President Donald Trump claims that Iranians “really want to reach a deal”, Tehran is sending the opposite message and raising its tone ahead of the next round of talks. In the Iranian capital, a new threatening banner was hung in Palestine Square, showing a map of central Israel with the words “a barrage of missiles”.

Hawzah News Agency- Israeli media added that the message of the banner, put up by the Iranian regime, is clear. It said Iran is warning that it would strike cities in central Israel with a barrage of missiles in any future confrontation with Israel.

Earlier on Sunday, Iran’s foreign minister said that Tehran does not intend to give up its nuclear programme, even if that leads to military confrontation. “We insist on our right to a nuclear programme, even if it leads to war'', Araqchi said in a morning meeting with diplomats in Tehran. He added that Iran would not accept external demands that would force it into a complete withdrawal.

He said Tehran is ready to consider some limits, but will not abandon the principle of enrichment. “No one has the right to dictate what we must do or demand that we reduce uranium enrichment to zero,” he said. He also stressed that past attacks on nuclear facilities did not achieve their goals, adding: “The only option left for them is negotiation. We do not accept dictates or control from any side, and we are ready to answer any question''.

Source: MIDDLE EAST MONITOR

Tags

Your Comment

You are replying to: .
captcha